Pinching feeling right where my calf and ankle meet in the back of my lower leg? Sometimes foot cramps as well, pain in knee and thigh.

Dr. Stacy Frye
Sports Medicine

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

The Achilles' tendon essentially is like a thick rope that joins your calf muscle to the heel.
It can become irritated with overuse (activity > rest), changes in training regimen, or decreased flexibility. The flexibility issue can come from tight calf muscles. AT can also be related to plantar fasciitis, flat feet. Icing, gentle stretching, anti-inflam meds, gel heel cups & inserts can help.

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

Dr. Stacy Frye
Dr. Stacy Frye
Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

Sounds like a structural problem due to lack of support for your arch which causes foot cramps and pain to knee and thigh.
When your arch collapses it puts added pressure to your achilles' tendon causing pain. Try otc super feet inserts and good stable running shows. If not improved seek dr for custom orthotics.

In brief: Achilles tendinitis

Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Magnesium

If orthototics do not help, tendonitis may respond to prolotherapy.
Cramps can be due to electrolyte imbalance. Consider magnesium and potassium supplementation, and drink lots of water between meals. Check my website for details on magnesium supplementation. Webpage: drfairchild.Org.

In brief: Magnesium

Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine