Is there anything I can do while pregnant to avoid a breech birth?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: Sometimes
Depending, a version can be done by a OB or perinatologist that is trained to do that in the hospital only, to turn the baby sometimes it works and sometimes it does not and there are exercises u can do at home to try to turn the baby, I have a sheet that i give my pts who are breech- sometimes they work.

In brief: Sometimes
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Brian Nguyen
In brief: Get a version!
Breech is when the baby's head isn't pointing down to the cvx/vagina.
Frank/footling meanthe baby's feet are either tucked up to its head/dangling down to the vagina. Many reasons why; sometimes baby's size, shape of uterus, rarely it's babies w/ a neuro disorder. >50% switch to cephalic at 32wks, and it even happens at 38wks. OBGYNs can perform a version to flip baby at term, but DON'T TRY @ HOME

In brief: Get a version!
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
You can try standing up and touching your toes repeatedly over the course of several days to weeks.
You could consider external cephalic version where they try to turn the baby.

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Cindy Juster