I work in the it field and I sit down for a long period of time, would that cause back pains later ?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

Slouching or prolonged chair sitting puts undo pressure on the lumbar muscles and spine.
Try standing up from time to time, or walking around the desk. There are also stand up desks available in the market.

Dr. David Finke

In brief: Yes, it can

You need to make sure that you have good posture and an ergonomic chair and work environment.
You should see a posture specialist, good chiropractor, or D.O. Who can help!

In brief: Yes, it can

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Back pain

Please see your doctor and ask about doing yoga.
Some gentle yoga stretches can help both mind and body. You can also search John Sarno, MD for a mind-body approach to pain. Any changes to improve lifestyle would get to the root of things, e.g., standing at your desk. Peace and good health.

In brief: Back pain

Dr. Peter Kurzweil