Dr. Pappas, i didn't have depression until i lost both of my parents to cancer with less than a year apart. I quit college to take care of them.?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Long-term grief
You went through a very stressful time with your parents' illnesses, caring for them, and their eventual deaths.
Your college was disrupted as well. Sometimes grief can be a very complicated process; it can stagnate into depression in situations like this. Perhaps you have not yet been able to get on with your life? Working with a therapist could be of real use to you, along w/your medications.

In brief: Long-term grief
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology
In brief: See below
I'm sorry about the loss of your parents.
Based on your brief description, there are several things that are going on -- all of them are losses --loss of parents, and quitting college. We need to grieve over our losses. Find someone who specializes in loss and grief to help you through this difficult process. Best of luck to you!

In brief: See below
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
I am sorry for your situation and empathize with you very much . What you are undergoing is the berevement associated deprssion -a grief response and you can come outof it by getting self help. As Dr. Fox suggested can get some counselling which will help definitely as they organize your though process with reassurance and help with some planning for future . But you initiate effortsfrom ur side to resume your college. course. By involving in something though initially it will be tough to concentrate and perform well , your mind gets some diversion and the depression will be slowly resolving. If you can't resume the college for administrative reasons, enroll in something in which you will benefit financially as well to help you academically in career improvement. Don't feel bad for quitting the college ,you did the commendable job when your parents were ill and dying. Now you need a future and create self help in addition to getting comfort by discussing stressful things with close family members if any, friends,your dr, and psychologist potentially you may get in future . An idle man's mind is devil's work shop. So start the future which is in your hands , life is full of issues ,but we have to come out of it and should not be submerged in it. Good luck. You will be okay.
Dr. Eric Weisman