I had a meniscus repair surgery 10 months ago recently I've been having pain in my knee from being in the cold or climbing the stairs is that normal?

It can be. This may reflect simply scar tissue sensitivity, and the stair climbing problem likely reflects persistent weakness. If there has been no swelling or locking, then i would simply try to work on thigh strengthening exercises. If symptoms persist or worsen, then you need to return to your surgeon.
Knee pain. Sounds to me as though you are experiencing "anterior knee pain" which involves mild maltracking of the patellofemoral joint. An eccentric quad strengthening program with a physical therapist should help the situation but is most likely unrelated to the meniscal repair surgery.
Variable. Talk to your surgeon. Cold can cause pain in the first year or so. Where in the knee is the pain? By the meniscus repair or at knee cap?