What is a sensible dosage of melatonin to give to a 6 year old boy with problems falling asleep?

In brief: Why?
Try to pin point why your child has trouble falling asleep.
Does he take naps in the afternoon? Maybe limit them. As a rule, limit vigorous physical activity several hours prior to sleep. Also let the brain "wind down" by turning electronics off and dimming lights 45 min prior to bedtime. Do not eat prior to bed.

In brief: Why?
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: None
Melatonin should not be used for sleep onset issues for a six year old.
I would address other issues like sleep hygeine, activities leading up to bedtime and limit setting...

In brief: None
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Jonathan Jassey