Antifungals that are safe for pregnant women?

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology

In brief: Talk to OB

but lotrimin (clotrimazole) and Monistat are tested and approved in pregnant women.
I would always make sure with your OB that you actually need to use a product before doing so.

In brief: Talk to OB

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dr. Glynis Ablon

In brief: Several are "safe"

Some antifungals for skin or vaginal use are "safe" in pregnancy, meaning that the number of birth defects are the same whether or not the antifungals are used.
Examples: femstat butoconazole, lotrimin clotrimazole, Monistat miconazole, and vagistat1 tioconazole. A single low-dose of oral Diflucan (fluconazole) Fluconazole is "safe". Even with "safe" drugs, a woman may want to avoid using them in 1st trimester.

In brief: Several are "safe"