What happens to skin after gastric bypass?

Not much. Unfortunately, as your waistline starts to shrink, your skin stays pretty much where it was. This results in significant laxity of your skin. Your skin tends not to retract back very much, leaving you with excess, hanging skin.
Depends. It depends not on exercise, but more on the elasticity of your skin. If your skin has lost its elasticity, it won't automatically reshape around the smaller layer of fat, and you'd need an abdominoplasty to remove the redundant skin.
Consider surgery. Many patients consider plastic surgery to deal with the loose skin of the abdomen, breasts, arms, thighs or face that remains after massive weight loss. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to figure out what your options are. Most procedures are not covered by insurance and need to be paid for out-of-pocket by the patient.
Sag. After significant weight loss from gastric bypass, skin can become loose and begin to sag.