I have a long space between my nose and my lips. Is there anything that can be done to help?

Dr. Jeremy White
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Lip Lift

If the height of the upper lip appears to be too large compared to the rest of your lower face, you might be a candidate for a "lip lift.
" this often leaves a small, well hidden scar underneath the nostrils. In caucasians, a helpful guiding ratio is for the upper lip height to be ~1/3 of the facial height from the bottom of the nose to the bottom of the chin. See a plastic surgeon for more details.

In brief: Lip Lift

Dr. Jeremy White
Dr. Jeremy White
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Lip lift

Many patients come to me with a long space between the base of their nose and the top of their lip.
By shortening the space , it creates a more youthful appearance. With the lip lift, the lip is raised slightly so that a small amount of your front teeth can be seen in a resting position. Many patients think they need a lip augmentation, but in fact, what they need is a lip lift !

In brief: Lip lift

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

This is best handled with "plumping" of the base of the columella - cosmetic rhinoplasty.

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine