What is the definition or description of: normal pressure hydrocephalus?

Spinal fluid dysfnct. Spinal fluid circulated in and out of brain ventricles, and when there is an obstruction, intracranial pressure can increase, but the normal pressure process is one where the fluid mechanisms do not cause pressure. Symptoms involve dementia, a peculiar gait, (apraxia), urinary incontinence, and may respond to shunting. May be a sequela from prior hemorrhage or infection.
NPH. Normal pressure hydrocephalus (nph) affects nearly 500, 000 people in the U.S. As its name implies, the pressure the brain "feels" is normal. Ct scans or MRI scans show dilation of the cerebral ventricles. The classic symptoms are memory problems, trouble with walking, and urinary incontinence and frequency. This typically affects patients> 55years in age. It is very treatable with a vp shunt.