Why do I have to have my eyes dilated more than once a year

Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Pathology?

The american academy of ophthalmology recommends yearly dilated exam after age 40.
If you have some kind of retinal pathology then your eye doctor may need to dilate more often than this. Better ask them.

In brief: Pathology?

Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: It depends

If you have any eye pathology, it is sometimes wise to have a dilated eye exam more than once a year. For example, people with diabetic retinopathy or macular degeneration may require more frequent complete eye exams to look for changes in the retina.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology

In brief: Diabetic damage

When the diabetes is uncontrolled or when there is diabetes damage in the retina.

In brief: Diabetic damage

Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Steven Seres