Could mild TMJ cause eustachian tube disfunctiion? Could the shifted jaw effect the eustachian tube?

Dr. Michael Gulizio
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: TMJ Effects

Hi alen, tmj dysfunction can affect the function of the eustachian tubes.
To rule out something more serious, you'll want to visit with an ear/nose/throat doc first. If nothing wrong is found with your ear, then see a dentist specializing in TMJ disorders.

In brief: TMJ Effects

Dr. Michael Gulizio
Dr. Michael Gulizio
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Certainly

TMJ dysfunction may cause ear pain, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), and even hearing loss or impairment.
See TMJ specialist (orofacial pain) for diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Certainly

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Not usually

I am not sure what problem you may be having with your eustachian tube(s), but a visit to your ENT and dentist will be helpful in determining the cause of your problem(s).
Feel better soon..

In brief: Not usually

Feel better soon..
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dentistry

In brief: Another question:

I think you probably mean tmd (disfunction of the tmj).
It's possible but less likely tmd is causing eustachian tube disfunction directly, but quite probable you have a condition causing both symptoms. I recommend consulting with your ENT or pcp for further evaluation.

In brief: Another question:

Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Possible

There seems to be some relationship between ETD and TMJ. Yes.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Steven Seres