I know I need a hysterectomy. What are the surgical options?

Three choices. There are basically 3 choices. A traditional abdominal hysterectomy. A traditional vaginal hysterectimy and the newer laparoscopic assisted vaginal or laparoscopic total hysterectomy.
Many. A hysterectomy refers to removal of the uterus. This can be accomplished surgically through the vagina, through an open abdominal incision or by minimally invasive techniques (davinci robot/laparoscopy). Other options are whether or not to remove the ovaries and whether or not to remove the cervix. The best choices for you will depend on your particular circumstances. Talk to your surgeon.
Several. Hysterectomies are performed abdominally, vaginally, and laparoscopically. The complication rate is lowest with a laparoscopic or laparoscopically assisted hysterectomy. Many surgeons are now using robotic assistance for hysterectomies to allow for a quicker and easier recovery..