If I feel chest pain or short of breath, why do I have to call an ambulance rather than driving a fe

May pass out. These symptoms may get worse while you're driving and may cause you to pass out at the steering wheel ...
Dangerous to drive. If you have chest pain or sever shortness of breath, you don't know how severe it can get or how fast. Suppose you were driving (even with a passenger): if you suddenly had a heart attack or you couldn't breathe, you could lose control of the car and get into an accident potentially causing more injury to yourself and others. In the ambulance, you are constantly monitored for any problems.