If I feel chest pain or short of breath, why do I have to call an ambulance rather than driving a fe

Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: May pass out

These symptoms may get worse while you're driving and may cause you to pass out at the steering wheel .
..

In brief: May pass out

..
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Dangerous to drive

If you have chest pain or sever shortness of breath, you don't know how severe it can get or how fast.
Suppose you were driving (even with a passenger): if you suddenly had a heart attack or you couldn't breathe, you could lose control of the car and get into an accident potentially causing more injury to yourself and others. In the ambulance, you are constantly monitored for any problems.

In brief: Dangerous to drive

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology