What sunscreens do you recommend?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology

In brief: Neutrogena, Alta MD

The neutrogena helioplex and the anthelios by la roche posay are my favorites.
For acne prone skin, the alta md uv clear works well. It is important to use sunscreens with both uva and uvb coverage. Spf value refers to uvb protection. The new fda ruling requires uva protection labeling, which will be presented as + (lowest), ++, or +++ (highest). Reapply every 2 hours while in the sun.

In brief: Neutrogena, Alta MD

Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Any that you'll use

I recommend having a variety of different screens depending upon the environment in which they are used.
Swimming or heavy perspiration requires a water-proof base, skiing will permit aless oily, more comfortable product. Any product that has an spf-15 or higher is fine.

In brief: Any that you'll use

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: Block UVA & UVB

An ideal sunscreen would block both uva & uvb rays with active ingredients that don't break down in the sun & would contain active and inactive ingredients that are proven to be safe for both adults and children.
The environmental working group listed these as the top sunscreens: aveeno, (oatmeal) aubrey organics, badger, eco skin care, elemental herbs, kiss my face, lavanila, jason natural cosmetics, cvs.

In brief: Block UVA & UVB

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez