Can women get a hernia in their groin. I've a sore lump where my thigh meets my pelvic near my vaginal area that very tender and swollen_?

Yes. Women can get hernias in the groin. What your describing could also be abscess. See a doctor.
Probably infection. Are you sure it's not a sebaceous cyst or infected hair follicle. There are hernias that can arise in women but are rare and are in the vulva. It mat also be a swollen lymph node from shaving. In any event, i would get it checked out but can't imagine a hernia.