I did not have acne until recently as an adult (27). My breakouts tend to occur in the same spots and seem to stick around forever! what's the deal?

Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology

In brief: Adult Acne

Adult acne is a b&(*h.
30-40% of adults have some degree of acne, including many who never had acne as a teenager. Adult acne is usually different than teenage acne. There are a variety of treatments available. For women, looking at hormonal therapy is often worthwhile.

In brief: Adult Acne

Adult acne is a b&(*h.
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Powlin Manuel
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Rosacea - adult acne

Acne starting as an adult is a bit different than acne in childhood: it is called rosacea and is treated a bit differently.
Your treatment may be for many months or even years; a visit with your doctor seems to be appropriate.

In brief: Rosacea - adult acne

Dr. Powlin Manuel
Dr. Powlin Manuel