How do I reduce a fever?

Tylenol (acetaminophen) if you must . Your body makes a fever for the purpose of "cooking" the offending agent out of existence. Sure, it is uncomfortable to have a fever, but it's also uncomfortable for the virus or bacterium causing your problem in the first place. If you can live with the fever, do so, and you will probably get over your infection faster.
Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Motrin. Tylenol (acetaminophen) (acetominophen) or Motrin (advil, ibuprofen) are over-the-counter medicines that decrease fever. Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be used from 2 months onwards, and may be given every 4 hours if needed. Motrin can be used from 6 months onwards, and may be given every 6 hours if needed. Prolonged fevers, high fevers, fevers in babies, or the presence of worrisome symptoms means a trip to the doctor is needed.