What is intermittent torticollis and will it ever go away?

Dr. Alan Greene

In brief: Twist of neck

Torticollis is the name we give to anyone with a twist in the neck, for whatever reason.
It is a symptom -- not a disease itself. I have not heard the name intermittent torticollis, but I have heard of benign paroxysmal torticollis, which i suspect is the same thing. Here, the tilting tends to come in episodes caused by muscles spasms -- and is usually painful.

In brief: Twist of neck

Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Randall Bock
General Practice

In brief: Stiff neck

This is a stiff neck, and almost everybody gets this now and then.
Yours might be more frequently for now, but won't necessarily stay that way. At some point imaging studies of the neck might be indicated.

In brief: Stiff neck

Dr. Randall Bock
Dr. Randall Bock