Got my belly button peirced and now it has a red bump at the bottom of the peircing with some skin that looks almost raw.. How do I treat this ?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: May have to remove

This is not uncommon for up to 3-4 weeks.
Care includes gently rotating the piercing under warm water (if possible) and cleansing with a mild soap such as plain cetaphil and applying a very dilute ( half to quarter strength solution) of hydrogen peroxide or benzalkonium chloride. If it does not improve it may indicate that you have an allergy to the metal which will require removal and a new metal.

In brief: May have to remove

Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See you doctor

You should see your family doctor to have this evaluated, to make sure you don't have an infection.

In brief: See you doctor

Dr. Janet Turkle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Remove piercing

The best treatment would be to remove the piercing and let the area heal.

In brief: Remove piercing

Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care