Can hypothyroid symptoms be fast heart rate and insomnia? Will adding cytomel to Synthroid (thyroxine) help?

Maybe hyperthyroid. Hyperthyroidism (too much circulating thyroid hormone) will often produce rapid heart rate and insomnia - along with other symptoms like diarrhea, weight loss, and jitteriness. Low thyroid may cause weight gain, sluggishness, coarse/dry skin, and constipation. Ask your care provider about your symptoms. Please do not "freelance" with Cytomel or synthroid, (thyroxine) as this may harm you! lgromko md.
NO. It sounds as though you are already on too much thyroid. See an endocrinologist.
Autoimmune thyroid? Some people have autoimmune thryoid & they may oscillate between symptoms of both low & high thyroid levels. Your current symptoms are more consistent with being hyperthyroid. You need to have your levels checked by your doc.