I kickbox and did a hook kick w/o warming up and have pain in my thigh/hip what should I do?

Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Give it some time.
If it happened recently, ice the area for 20 minutes, 3-4 times per day.
Take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication if you can, and, gently stretch the thigh/hip muscle. If you're not better in about 2 weeks, then see a sports medicine specialist.

In brief: Give it some time.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: R.I.C.E.
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation.
The qudriceps, hamstrings, and adductors are big muscles and any sprain or strain will create a lot of discomfort. Depending on the severity of the injury it can take weeks to months to fully recover from an injury. Hopefully this will resolve rapidly but in the future make sure that you stretch and warm up properly to avoid these types of injuries.

In brief: R.I.C.E.
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation.
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine