My upper thigh muscles have been seizing or pulling when I sprint, why is this?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Muscle cramp
Muscles cramp for a variety of reasons, but once you have one its hard to get rid of it.
Make sure that you are stretching properly and working on conditioning. Hydrate during exercise with an electrolyte rich sports drink. Once you have cramp, try stretching it out and massaging the muscle to make it go away.

In brief: Muscle cramp
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine
In brief: Imbalance
You have tight hip flexors.
You need to stretch the hip flexors and the anterior hip capsule (check youtube for examples) taking a magnesium supplement may also help. Also work on glut medius strengthening to balance out your front and back sides.

In brief: Imbalance
You have tight hip flexors.
Dr. William Nall
Dr. William Nall