I'm having pain in the back right of my knee when I hit the 5k mark cycling, what's going on?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Maybe a Baker's cyst
Time dependent pain with cycling is highly suggestive of a filling cyst.
Your knee makes more joint fluid in response to repetitive loading, especially if there is n underlying injury to the meniscus and/or cartilage. The posterior capsule juxtaposed to the injured meniscus can form a cyst that fills with fluid during periods of heavy use. You should discuss treatment options with your physician.

In brief: Maybe a Baker's cyst
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Knee Sprain
You might have sprained your knee so rice treatment.
Occasionally it is popliteal cyst which can be symptomatic. It can sometimes burst and cause acute swelling in calf & pain.

In brief: Knee Sprain
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Dr. Abdul Ahmed
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine