How can I help prevent my knees from dislocating?

Patellar dislocate? Do you mean kneecap dislocations? The first line of treatment is physical therapy, to strengthen the muscles that regulate the tracking of the kneecap. You may use a kneecap stabilizing brace in conjunction with physical therapy. If extensive physical therapy does not resolve the issue, surgical options may need to be considered.
Exercises. You should seek medical evaluation to confirm the nature and severity of your problem. If your kneecap (patella) is dislocating, which is the most likely symptom you are describing, the initial treatment should be a guided physical therapy program to strengthen the stabilizing muscles of the thigh and leg. If this fails, your orthopedist can discuss other options including bracing and surgery.