Every time I play soccer I get a sharp pain around top of right thigh and small pain in hip/groin, what could this be?

It depends. Groin pain can mean a hernia or else a hip problem. Possibilities include a torn labrum (the fibrous ring that holds the head of the femur in the hip), femoral acetabular impingement (fai) syndrome arthritis (unlikely in a young person), avascular necrosis. If it persists you should probably get an x-ray to make sure it isn't serious.
FAI & sports hernia. I agree with the original post. How old are you? Younger patients are more likely to present with femoroacetabular impingement (fai) & one other entity that you should consider: sports hernia. Sports hernia is not uncommon in soccer players. In addition to the originally discussed processes, also consider: non joint related dz like muscle and soft tissue processes, snapping hip, impingement.