Playing soccer the other day I kneed myself in the calf and can't walk w/o a limp, should I go on crutches?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Crutches rest calf
You describe an injury to your calf (gastrocnemius) muscle.
The blunt strike with your bent knee likely caused a local contusion or hematoma. This will magnify clinically with pain and local swelling. The muscle pain will cause irregular gait and a limp until the pain and swelling resolve. Most similar injuries heal fine but can be bothersome for several weeks. Seek eval if not better in 3 weeks.

In brief: Crutches rest calf
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine
In brief: Strain Hamstring
There is is either contusion hamstring or plantris rupture.
Crutches for three weeks and ice would do both heal. If achilles is intact/heal cord you are ok.

In brief: Strain Hamstring
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine