I've been diagnosed with overactive hip flexors and am a dancer, what should I do now?

Flexibility/Strength. Flexibility and strength are very important, especially for dancers. If you are having pain or an injury related to your hip flexors, you might want to work with a physical therapist to learn a good stretching and core/hip strengthening program. You may want to work with a pilates instructor if you aren't injured, but only have tight hip flexors, as pilates is excellent for dancers.