How can I make sure my core is equally strengthened?

In brief: Polities Class

You can take a polities class and or work with a physical trainer that you trust.
If you are still concerned i would go to a physical therapist and be tested. The pt can find weaknesses and suggest exercises that can balance your muscles.

In brief: Polities Class

Dr. Scott Shields
Dr. Scott Shields
Dr. Troy Reyna
pilates
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Read and consult

Read on core strengthening exercises and use the internet.
Besides this, you may wish to joing a gym and get a professional trainer to help you with a program of core strenghtening. You may find this at your local ymca or boy's and girls" clubs in your area. Check with your church. There may be exercise clases and people with skills to help your. Good luck!

In brief: Read and consult

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine