How can I help speed up recovery time to my sprained ankle?

In brief: Rest, PT
Ankle sprains usually take 6-8 weeks to heal.
You can speed it up with ice, rest, bracing and physical therapy but they still take time.

In brief: Rest, PT
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: R.I.C.E., Therapy...
Initially, r.I.C.
E. Is indicated to minimize the extent of inflammation and pain. Early passive and active range of motion exercises and a guided physical therapy program may help hasten recovery. Therapy should include achilles stretching, peroneal strengthening, and proprioceptive and agility drills. Medical evaluation is recommended to rule out more serious injury.

In brief: R.I.C.E., Therapy...
Initially, r.I.C.
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Consult your doctor
It is common for one to experience pain for several months following an ankle injury.
Ankle braces and aircasts may be of benefit in the initial phase to help immobilize and support the area. Later on, the ankle will need range of motion exercises to improve strengthening. Consult your physician to see if physical therapy is right foot you.

In brief: Consult your doctor
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Ice and
Immobilization to begin with and then range of motion and strengthening.
Your doc needs to decide when to allow you to begin rehab. I don't know how severe or to what extent your injury is.

In brief: Ice and
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine