If I got a dead leg in the same spot I tore my thigh last yr should I be worried about the old injury?

Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Maybe
Muscle injuries like this typically heal with fibrotic tissue ("scar" tissue) and can be susceptible to new injury.
I would seek evaluation by an orthopedic specialist to assess the severity of the injury. A hematoma (collection of blood) within the muscle can slow recovery if not treated adequately. Sometimes, an injection in the injured muscle can hasten recovery.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Janet Kail
Podiatry
In brief: Nerve damage
Sounds like you are talking about a loss of sensation in the area where you had injury.
Often times, injuries that are deeper also tear or damage nerves. It takes a very long time for nerves to repair themselves, and some never do completely heal. Depending on the size of the area and whether there are other symptoms you may want to call this to the attention of your pcp first.

In brief: Nerve damage
Dr. Janet Kail
Dr. Janet Kail