Training for a trek I developed a problem with my Achilles tendon, what should I do now?

Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: R.I.C.E.
Always seek medical evaluation if your condition does not improve with treatment.
Briefly, care should begin with ice, rest, and a compressive wrap. Early range of motion is important when pain allows. Medications and physical therapy can be helpful as well. If pain persists, see an orthopedic specialist for further guidance.

In brief: R.I.C.E.
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine
In brief: Rest it
You can rest it, put a small heel lift in your shoe, go to pt for graston technique to the tendon, or consider prolotherapy injections under ultrasound guidance into the damaged part of the tendon.

In brief: Rest it
Dr. William Nall
Dr. William Nall
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: I agree
Also try to change up your training to avoid overuse injury.
Best of luck!

In brief: I agree
Best of luck!
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine