Is it normal for my 7 year old son to have zits?

Dr. Karen Kim

In brief: No

If he really has acne, you have to make sure he is not exposed to too much male hormone, either from his own body or from outside sources, such as a grandparent's hormone cream. Is he having other signs of puberty, such as a growth spurt, axillary or pubic hair, body odor, etc? I would visit your pediatrician to make sure the lesions are truly acne, and if so, why he has it.

In brief: No

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Not really

Acne is a western disease.
Hunter-gatherer cultures are devoid of it. There is substantial evidence for it an a book as been written on the subject by dr loren cordain. Try switching to a more natural diet. Feed your son real food. Nothing form a box or a jar or a can. Eliminate grains, legumes and dairy and see what happens!

In brief: Not really

Acne is a western disease.
2 comments
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-healy
Could not agree more. Would do elimination diet for a couple of months or look into Ig G testing
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
if she eliminates the 3 neolithic poisons she will do more than just cure acne!
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Mild zits are normal

If it bothers him see a dermatologist.
If severe the dr will check for abnormal hormones. Does he take any meds or supplements? Diet is important for other reasons but will not help him. I have seen acne all over the world including primitive people who get no modern foods.

In brief: Mild zits are normal

If it bothers him see a dermatologist.