I have swelling in my hand from my rotator cuff surgery, is there anything I can do in terms of drainage?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Move fingers
After rotator cuff surgery the arm and hand can swell.
Keeping the elbow hand and fingers moving will help with the drainage. If it doesnt help you can see your doctor or therapist about a compression glove.

In brief: Move fingers
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Yes, several things.
Check with your surgeon to make sure that you don't have signs of a blood clot.
If that's ruled out, then you can wear a compressive sleeve over the entire arm. Elevate your arm above the level of your heart. Ice the arm for 20 minutes out of every hour. Take an anti-inflammatory medication, if it's ok with your surgeon.

In brief: Yes, several things.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine