I tore a ligament in my ankle 2 weeks ago but have continued dancing because I don't have time to go out, what can I do?

Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry

In brief: See the doctor now

To determine if you truly tore a ligament in your ankle you should see a podiatric or orthopedic foot/ankle surgeon.
Often continuing to dance with an injury can have long term consequences that are much more difficult to treat and remedy. Don't let your schedule risk ending your dancing because the injury worsened. Get evaluated!

In brief: See the doctor now

Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Proceed with caution

I would seek medical evaluation to assess the severity of the injury and better guide you.
Generally, protective bracing, icing and compression and a progressive physical therapy program can be performed in conjunction with your dancing activity to allow you to continue, speed recovery and prevent re-injury. I prefer a lace-up type support with figure of 8 stabiliizing straps on the sides.

In brief: Proceed with caution

Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine