I hit my quad hard 2 weeks ago and mris negative but I can't get it to stop swelling, any suggestions?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Ace wrap & Ice
Try an ace wrap with ice therapy.
Higher grade quadriceps injuries often require immobilization in flexion to tamponade the intrinisc ability of the injured and bleeding muscle tofill the larger potential space made avaialble with the leg extended in the straight position. Seek medical attention froman orthopaedic surgeon if this does not improve in a week.

In brief: Ace wrap & Ice
Try an ace wrap with ice therapy.
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Yes.
If you can take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication, that would help.
Also, ice the quad, wear a compressive sleeve and go to physical therapy. That should take care of it over a period of time.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine