What natural vitamins can help to reduce neuropathy (diabetic) rather than chems such as neurontin (gabapentin)?

Lipoic acid and... Probably the best strategy for reducing neuropathy is better control of diabetes but a variety of supplements including lipoic acid, benfotiamine, acetyl-l-carnitine & gamma linolenic acid are proven to help diabetic neuropathy. See http://www.Lef.Org/protocols/neurological/neuropathy_04.Htm#nutritional-options also consider frequency specific microcurrent- see http://frequencyspecific.Com/.
Possibly. Alpha-lipoic acid -- an antioxidant made by the body -- has been used in europe for years to help people with diabetic neuropathy. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/alpha-lipoic-000285.htm in one study, using 800 mg/day was better than placebo. Please talk w/your doctor about it first. It may also take 3-5 weeks at least, to show an effect.