My partner 43 takes permanent vicodin for chronic pain . She drinks average 6 bottles a beer a day . Will this affect her health and mental wellbeing?

Dr. Mark Moran
Pain Management
Your partner should not be mixing narcotics with alcohol.
She also dhould not drink that much alcohol as it could affect her liver. Chronic narcotics also increases her tolerance for narcotics. She should talk to a pain specialist to try something better. She needs to be proactive and learn about the risks of long term alcohol and narcotics.

Dr. Mark Moran
Dr. Mark Moran
In brief: Possibly
The combination of vicodin and alcohol may represent a problem. Since i dont know how many vicoidn your partner takes in a day I am limited in any comments.
However, i would recommend the prescribing physician be notified about the alcohol/vicodi combo.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Adam Levy