Will cracking my wrists give me arthritis in the future?

Dr. Eon Shin
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No!
The cracking noise is possibly secondary to the build-up of gases within the joint or the joints shifting in response to a slight (benign) incongruity.

In brief: No!
Dr. Eon Shin
Dr. Eon Shin
Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No
If the cracking is painful, i would seek medical evaluation to accurately answer your question.
If not, then the answer is no and is a common misconception. "making your joints crack" is poorly understood, but may be from forcing air or gas bubbles from one pocket of your joint to another and is not harmful over time or causative of arthritis as far as we know.

In brief: No
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Variable.
No evidence with non traumatized joints.
.Have you ever injured your wrist ?

In brief: Variable.
.Have you ever injured your wrist ?
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine