How could everything look normal for my hamstring in an MRI but I still can't stretch 9 mos after injury?

Dr. Vadim Glukh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Scar / adhesions
The inflammation of the injury could cause the adhesions and scar tissue which makes the tendon tissue less flexible.

In brief: Scar / adhesions
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Healing with scar...
It is not uncommon for hamstring and other muscle injuries to lead to chronic problems.
Muscle injuries initially heal with scar tissue. Without proper stretching and strengthening rehab exercises the injury can heal in a stiffened and weakened state and lead to chronic stiffness and risk for re-injury. You should see a doctor for further evaluation to rule out more serious injury and guide rehab.

In brief: Healing with scar...
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine