I was kicked by a horse that cut through my patellar tendon 2.5 yrs later and still can't run/walk, what can I do?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Orthopaedic referral
You should be evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the treatment of knee and specifically extensor mechanism injuries.
Any treatment plan will initially evaluate your x-rays (also likely mri), knee motion and strength (focusing on injured extensor mechanism [patellar tendon]) and overall knee stability. Your first step is to obtain a thorough orthopaedic evaluation.

In brief: Orthopaedic referral
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Joel McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: It depends
Patellar tendon injuries can be very difficult to treat especially if the tendon has been cut and especially in the situation where the injury happened that long ago.
The tendon can sometimes be repaired with your tissue or allograft tissue, but the results at best are difficult to predict.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine