2 yrs ago I injured my left ring finger playing flag football and it never straightened out, can an osteotomy still be done?

Dr. Joel McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: It depends
Finger deformity after an injury can be a boney malunion, a soft tissue problem only or a combination of the two.
Osteotomy will help a malunion but not fix the problem if it is purely a soft tissue problem (mallet finger, swan neck deformity, etc.). If the diagnosis is malunion then an osteotomy can usually be performed. If the injury is in the joint then the problem is much more complex.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Osteotomy
Can be done but whether it should be can only be aswered by consulting w hand surgeon.

In brief: Osteotomy
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine