I've worn the same orthotics for 2 yrs but they don't seem to be helping anymore, how can I relieve pain until I get a new pair?

Dr. Bob Levine
Sports Medicine

In brief: You cant

These orthotics are likely to have taken you as far as they can.
The orthotic provides progressive stability and when you have reached the amount of correction the orthotic provided you will either be done or looking for more correction. You are looking for more correction so.Don't hesitate, and fine someone locally that understands and can help.

In brief: You cant

Dr. Bob Levine
Dr. Bob Levine
Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See a doctor

Orthotics generally last about 6 months, depending on intensity of use.
If pain is present, they may just be worn out. See your foot specialist to make sure your condition is stable, and then discuss new orthotics if your doctor thinks that is indicated.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine