What should I look for in a good type of waterproof tape to align my 5th metatarsal and cuboid?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Not going to work
Tape is not strong enough to do this.
See a foot doctor for a recommendation as I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish or what the actual diagnosis is.

In brief: Not going to work
Tape is not strong enough to do this.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
In brief: I suggest
Co- flex or co-ban

In brief: I suggest
Co- flex or co-ban
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: That won't work.
If the metatarsal and cuboid don't line up, as in a lisfranc fracture dislocation, the only way to line them up and hold them in place is with surgery.
In order to apply enough pressure to the area with tape to reduce he joint, you would get skin break down beneath the tape so its just not a practical solution to this serious problem.

In brief: That won't work.
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine