I had a tkr a yr ago and knee was numb for 8 mos now is painful, still can't go up and down stairs- what should I do?

Dr. Kevin Stone
Sports Medicine
In brief: Physical Therapy
A good physical therapy program focusing on soft tissue mobilization and muscle strengthening from the feet through the core really helps improve the outcomes of joint replacement.

In brief: Physical Therapy
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Depends
First, you should be assessed by your orthopaedic surgeon to help identify the problem. Reasons for your problem can include patient factors such as inadequate therapy due to poor pain control or surgeon factors such as inappropriate sizing or malpositioning of the inplants.
Infection can also cause knee pain. Anterior knee numbness is expected due to the incision location.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Christopher Hajnik
Dr. Christopher Hajnik