I had a wrist arthroscopy 6 mos ago but still can't do anything active with my rest, how long will it take?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends on problem

Wrist arthroscopy does not guarantee a cure from wrist pain.
Sometimes the condition needs further treatments.

In brief: Depends on problem

Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: See your doctor

Unless you had a very bad problem, you should be recovering well by this time in most cases.
If you are having a lot of trouble at 6 months after wrist arthroscopy, there may be a problem. See your doctor. If he/she isn't at all concerned, get a second opinion from a board certified hand specialist.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Wrist arthroscopy

Is used to treat a variety of conditons in the wrist, from cartilage tears , to fractures to ligament injruy.
If pain oersists after surgery the first person to speak with is the treating surgeon. One needs to fnd out what the expectations are for that specific problem.

In brief: Wrist arthroscopy

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint