Within what time period should a patella fracture be removed in surgery?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Hardware removal
Assuming the question is when to have surgery to remove patella hardware after fixation.
Hardware need not ever be removed unless becomes loose or painful.

In brief: Hardware removal
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Varies
I would need quite a bit more specific information about the specifics of the fracture.
Displaced fractures of the patella usually require surgery in the form of an open reduction and internal fixation of the bone usually with pins, wires or screws. Rarely, a fracture of the patella is so displaced and comminuted that a removal of the patella is contemplated. Thankyou for the question.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery