How do I help my boyfriend get rid of his marriage phobia when he says he wants to settle down with me?

Dr. Jerry Smith
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Couples Therapy
I recommend seeking pre-marital/relationship counseling together. An effective therapist will be able to assist you both in determining what you each want in the relationship and how to achieve your goals together in a way that does not intimidate or created undue anxiety/distress for either of you.

In brief: Couples Therapy
Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Jerry Smith
Dr. Richard Levenson
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Marriage Phobia
Have him see a licensed mental health professional.
Together, they can work through the fears and irrational beliefs he may have about being married.

In brief: Marriage Phobia
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Richard Levenson
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Listen to him
And don't try to tell him he has no need to feel that way.
Our feelings can't be denied. What we do about our feelings is most important. He obviously wants to "settle down" with you. Long talks with patient listening can help. If that doesn't seem to go anywhere, encourage him to talk to a professional about it. A good relationship can pull you through it all.

In brief: Listen to him
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine