I have had Crohn's surgery and hernia surgery. Now I have very painful gas. Any idea why this is happening and/or what I should do?

In brief: Depends

How long ago were your operations? What was the surgery for crohns's? If the surgery was recent, then gas pains are common and can be related to pain medication and the healing process.
If the surgery was a longer time ago, then see your doctor or gastroenterologist for an examination. Postoperative scarring or recurrent crohn's disease can be possible.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Try anti-gas meds

I would try a simple anti-gas preparation that has simethicone in it.
If this doesn't work, you should probably see your gastroenterologist managing your crohn's disease.

In brief: Try anti-gas meds

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Jose Nieto
This may also be exocrine pancreatic insufficiency which may require pancreatic enzymes for digestion this can also be bacterial overgrowth

In brief: Scar tissue

Could be the reason.

In brief: Scar tissue

Could be the reason.
Dr. Cosme Manzarbeitia
Dr. Cosme Manzarbeitia
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery