How can I know if I am having a miscarriage?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Cramping, bleeding
Around 1/5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage, according to some.
The exact proportion is unknown. Some of the signs of threatened miscarriage are cramping and bleeding. Friends and family may try to counsel or console. However, if there's passage of tissue (fetal or placental), an obgyn provider should be seen to confirm whether a miscarriage is underway or is complete and to advise what to do next.

In brief: Cramping, bleeding
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Joan Kinlan
In brief: Bleeding
This is not necesarily correct.
Frequently you have severe cramps and pain and go to the bathroom and see a lot of blood. If that happens as it did with me, please go to the emergency room. Hope it never happens to you.

In brief: Bleeding
This is not necesarily correct.
Dr. Joan Kinlan
Dr. Joan Kinlan
Dr. Adam Levy